Library Mission Statement
We welcome all in the
tradition of Mercy and guide those
who gather information, raise inquiry, and embrace
The original Misericordia library was located on the second floor of the Administration Building, which was rededicated in 2002 as Mercy Hall. As the library holdings grew, the space was expanded in the 1970s and renamed the Sister Francesca McLaughlin Library, after Sister Francesca, who was Librarian from 1938 to 1965. The library eventually grew to encompass the entire second floor, and by the 1990s, plans were underway to build a new library building adjacent to Mercy Hall.
The Mary Kintz Bevevino Library was dedicated on Mercy Day, September 24, 1999, marking Misericordia’s 75th anniversary. Named in honor of Misericordia alumna Mary Kintz Bevevino, Class of 1987, the Library encompasses 37,000 square feet and offers users a variety of research materials and study environments, including study carrels, group study rooms, and casual seating areas. The Circulation Desk and the Alden Classroom can be found on the first floor of the library. The Reference Desk, and Computer Lab, which is also used for information literacy instruction, is located on the second floor of the library. The McGowan Room, on the third floor of the Library, is used for seminars, large group presentations and community meetings. The third floor also houses the Sister Mary Carmel McGarigle Archives.