High School Summer Media Camp
Applications are now open for the annual Communications and Media Career Exploration Camp for high school students, which will take place June 30 to July 3, 2019.
Our camps have helped many students explore our field and decide whether to pursue a communications degree in college.
The Department of Mass Communications and Design at Misericordia University is hosting a three-and-a-half day, three-night residential Career Exploration Camp for students interested in learning about the Communications and Media professions.
Dates: June 30 - July 3, 2019
Times: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, with additional evening activities
This camp is designed for students entering 11th or 12th grade in the fall of 2019; seniors admitted first.
Camp participants will:
- Create a television magazine show
- Learn studio and field production techniques including TV graphics
- Afterward, they will receive a link to the video of the TV show they create as their first entry into their pre-professional media portfolios.
The three-night residential camp offers students the opportunity to thoroughly explore print, television and new media careers.
The price is very reasonable--$125 for four days and three nights. Camp fills quickly, and current high school juniors will be admitted first.
Please download the application and mail the following completed forms to reserve your space!
- COM Camp 2019 Information and Policies
- COM Camp 2019 Application
- COM Camp 2019 Photo Consent
- COM Camp 2019 General Liability Form
- COM Camp 2019 Medical Form
Contact Department Chair Melissa Sgroi (email@example.com) for additional information.