Misericordia University excels in helping adult students, guiding them through credit transfer, financial aid, and credit for life experiences. For over ninety years, adult students have been reaching personal and professional goals by continuing their education with Misericordia.
Whether you are taking courses in the traditional classroom or online, you will always feel at home with Misericordia. The same supportive environment and individualized attention that characterizes our on-campus experience is also embedded within Misericordia’s online programs. You can expect a different type of learning experience from an institution that knows the importance of student service. Misericordia and its instructors are committed to upholding these values along with the success of each student.
No matter where you are sitting, you will always have a good seat in the virtual classroom at Misericordia University.
Online Learning Options
Click on the button above to access the free online application
To learn more about online learning options, please contact the Misericordia University Center for Adult and Continuing Education at (570) 674-6791, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addictions Counseling Certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate
- Business Administration
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Government, Law and National Security
- Health Care Management
- Health Science: Respiratory Therapy
- Health Science: Surgical Technology
- Information Technology
- Professional Studies
- Nursing: RN to BSN
- Patient Navigation
- Social Work
- Master of Business Administration (excluding Sport Management Specialization)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Organizational Management
- Geriatric Care Management Certificate
- Students can take online classes from the comfort of their homes or from anywhere an Internet connection is available.
- Misericordia online students are introduced to an environment where they not only learn from their instructors, but from the knowledge and experience that peers in their profession and other industries have to share.
- An experienced, personal academic advisor will assist with navigating your curriculum plan and course options each semester.
- Online courses are taught by Misericordia faculty who are experts in their content area and practitioners in their fields dedicated to upholding the mission of the university.
- A comfortable student-faculty ratio will ensure you get the attention that you deserve. Online courses are typically no larger than 18 students.
- Founded in 1924, Misericordia is a bricks-and-mortar institution that welcomes all students to participate in on-campus activities and take advantage of support services available.
- Advanced online technology allows for a higher level of instructor interaction and accountability.
- Whether it is for IT support, to meet with your advisor, or take advantage of on-campus resources such as the Insalaco Center for Career Development, our state-of-the-art library, or modern fitness center, online students share the same access to University facilities as traditional students.
Hybrid courses are a “brick and click" approach to attending college. It is a blended model of both in-class and online that combines face-to-face and virtual participation for the students. Two or three of the class meetings will be held “on-ground" while the rest will take place in "cyberspace" using the Blackboard online learning system. The advantage to this approach is that it allows you to become acquainted with online learning before committing to an online course. In essence, you can test-out the online format to determine if it is conducive to your style of learning. Most face-to-face non-traditional classes on- and off-campus use some component of Blackboard to enhance the student learning experience.
Fully-online courses offer a virtual approach. Students can attend classes at any time from anywhere in seven and a half and fifteen week formats. This approach also allows students more time to respond with much more depth and forethought than in a traditional face-to-face discussion where participants must analyze comments of others on the spot and formulate a response, or otherwise lose the chance to contribute to the discussion.
Finishing my degree was something I had wanted to do for almost 10 years. I have always had an excuse of life getting in the way (marriage, 2 kids, a home and career). I had coworkers taking classes online to complete their degrees; and that made me realize that it was my time to complete my degree. After doing some research, I found that Misericordia’s online Expressway program was the perfect fit. And boy was I ever right! The Expressway program is designed specifically for someone like me, working full time, with 2 kids and a husband and a house to run. The staff and faculty at Misericordia work with you on your schedule and understand that family comes first.
~ JENNIFER ZLOBIK ’16 B.S. Business Administration
It’s hard for me to pare down my enthusiasm for getting my BSN at Misericordia to a few sentences. I spent a lot of time reviewing various online programs, and I chose Misericordia because it seemed their program would provide the best quality education; and I was right. Every class I took, whether it was Current Issues and Trends in Nursing, Themes in Art, Pharmacology, Statistics or Religion helped me be a better nurse, a better community member, and a better crossword player! The best part was that I could do it while maintaining a job, family life and community volunteer work. Finally, the clinical experience that my advisor helped me set up was so perfect as it gave me the experience I needed to help me get the job of my dreams, that I secured not long after graduation.
~ SHIVAUN O’DONNELL ’15 BSN